Václav Havel European Dialogues
Foto © Ondřej Němec
The Václav Havel European Dialogues is an international project that aims to initiate and stimulate a discussion about issues determining the direction of contemporary Europe while referring to the European spiritual legacy of Václav Havel. This idea takes its main inspiration from Václav Havel’s essay “Power of the Powerless”. More than other similarly focused projects, the Václav Havel European Dialogues aims to offer the “powerless” a platform to express themselves and in so doing to boost their position within Europe.
The Václav Havel European Dialogues is planned as a long-term project and involves cooperation with other organisations in various European cities. Individual meetings, which take the form of a conference, are targeted primarily at secondary and third-level students, as well as specialists and members of the public interested in European issues.
- 4th Prague Conference: May 15, 2017: REGISTRATION OPEN NOW
- 3rd Prague Conference: May 30, 2016
- Europe’s Unstable Eastern Neighbourhood: What role for Civil Society? Brusel. 18 November 2015
- 2nd Prague Conference: Time for European Politics, Prague 29-30 May 2015
- Lessons in democracy since 1989: A source of Inspiration for Ukraine and Tunisia? Brussels, 13 November 2014
- Conference Dispute over Europe,
- Berlin, 2 May 2014 and 18 – 19 September 2014
- Václav Havel European Dialogues with Joachim Gauck,
Prague 7 May 2014
- Europe and Ukraine: Cohesion and Extension, the Double Challenge facing the Union, Bruges 4 April 2014
- 1st Prague Conference: Citizen, Power and Democracy in the European Crisis
Prague February 21–22, 2014